Thursday, April 28, 2016

Writing 5(blog posts) for Crit 4

Last time it was suggested that, in order to add a bit more context and clarity to the world these characters live in, that I should include environment shots with the next batch of character designs. Not gonna lie, I really hate drawing scenery. I get frustrated with it easily. But I buckled down a couple weeks back and made myself practice. Here are the two I'm bringing to Critique (In rough stages):



This first one shows the New York City skyline as it looks after the merging of our world and the fantasy world. It was my hope that this would show my idea of how the worlds spliced together, and the dire consequences it sometimes had. In this world, it's fairly common to see the skeleton of some poor creature or human sticking out of an object or wall. This is due to that poor being's bad luck of being in the wrong place during the merging.

The second shows a coffee shop owned and run by fairies. In this world, there are many different fantastical races, and I wanted to show them mingling with modern humans to show how the two worlds integrated.

As for my character designs, I'm bringing three more.

  
 
The first one is Dagny, a faun who has the element of earth living inside her. She's very quiet and naive, but fiercely loyal.


 Tyler is the vessel for the Water element, and being of an artistic persuasion he has learned how to use his talent to work in watercolors.

Even though I'd drawn Cyth recently, I wanted to draw him again after he becomes the vessel to the wind element. His zipper eye was also pretty hard to see in the last picture, and I wanted an excuse to draw it. It's fun. :)

For my classmate highlight this blog entry, I'd like to direct your attention to Robbie Raio:
https://robbyraio.wordpress.com/2016/02/04/crit-three-introduction/
He's super talented with ceramics and jewelry making, and has a great sense of humor. He just recently started combining wire-wrapping techniques with ceramics, and it looked really cool. Hopefully he keeps pursuing that new combo.

No comments:

Post a Comment